Tuesday, October 7, 2008

international travesty

 I spent nearly ten hours on the phone in the last week, trying to fix my HP lemon of a computer, trying to get it working right. Who did I get help from? People from 3rd World countries. I am sick to death, of saying, "Please repeat that", and "I cannot understand what you said".  I am tired of hearing response such as, "I am sorry for your inconvenience ", "Don't worry, We will solve your problems" with customer service and so called tech support from India  I had to recover it twice this week, made back-up disks that ended up blank, lost all my pictures (family and the rest), all documents and everything else. Obviously, their  (HP's) DVD drivers suck!
After paying $52.99 for their One-time fix, last month, I again had to pay $99.99 for a year's extended service plan. Imagine my surprise when I checked my bank account & discovered they charged me tax- even worse, a service fee from my bank for an international service transaction. Americans cannot find jobs but corporations continue to out-source.  McAfee scan yielded no infections after a 18 hour scan and crappy customer service/ tech support from the Philipines.  The $85 billion bailout is going to pay back debts to China and others,some of whom are our enemies or working with terrorist nations. Some will go to Industry and Corporate CEO's, who will get a million dollars a week to sit on their asses as they screw country and customers via bad products & outsourced services. What bailout- It is Bulls--t! People on fixed incomes or no incomes are the fodder these companies live on. Money IS the bottom line...
no one and nothing else matters to them. Neither We,the People, nor the ethics or morality of their self-serving methods matters.  Humanity has no place in business, or so it seems. If there is a Hell, I hope they go there!!
Tonight I finally got from a real live American, in America-Imagine THAT. Yipee...we are saved!!
Next week, maybe, I will tackle government assistance programs and health services in general. 

1 comment:

Corgi said...

You know, you summed that all up pretty well.

If you can scrape a few more bucks together, go buy the largest flash drive you can afford. At least if/when you have your pictures again (didn't I do some storage for you once?) you can save them on the flash drive and put it in a safe place.